Thursday, March 17, 2022

Tune in to Channel P.

In my association I sometimes feel uncomfortable with a handful of people.

If there is such a person in an event that I am attending, it can sometimes make the mood go away. Or if there is an important event, and those people are present I will try to avoid. That sometimes make me have to pass on some important meetings.

One day I had a chance to talk to a leader that I respect, he advised, "You should focus on the positive things of that person, if he can be in that position, apart from things you don't like, there must be positive points that you can learn from the respective person".

That advice made me realised, why should I focus on the negatives of these people, thus avoiding me from taking the positives out of them.

That avoidance also cost myself, no chance to participate in an important event I was supposed to attend for building my network.

"Tune in to Channel P, The good thoughts Station. Find Qualities to like and admire in a person, not things to dislike. Think Positive Thoughts towards people - and get positive results"- from the book "The Magic of thinking Big" by David Schwartz.

No comments: