Friday, July 21, 2006

Untitled.

Currently our office is entering a new financial year. Like every year by the end of each financial year management publish promotion list. Everybody at our department got promoted, though couple of them did not really satisfy with the rating result. Fyi, the rating would determine how much bonus you would get. Yeah, I believed management has considered deeply before they marked the rating. For my rating, I definitely don't have anything to complain. At the first place, I don't put too much expectation what could I get physically (read: salary), what I really care is what lessons I have learnt during the past one year. As I wrote one year ago, everything must have its time (Ecclesiates 3:11 "God has made everything fit beautifully in its appropriate time,but he has also placed ignorance in the human heartso that people cannot discover what God has ordained,from the beginning to the end of their lives"). I think if we are ready, He will give us what we really need.

In this month, there is another person resign our office, Reggie. Reggie left for pursuing higher education at York University, Toronto. During her last moment at our office she felt somewhat in between exciting and sad. Exciting, because she is going to go abroad and definitely will get new great experiences, and on the other hand sad because leaving us. During the past year we grew in one quite solid team. I also can feel that our team is a bit different compare to others that I had before. The people here are low profile and almost no boundary between us, even with our boss. However, I said to Reggie, she definitely has made a right decision. It is not everybody can experience higher education outside our home country, she will find many new things that she never had before. I am kind of miss my time when I was in Sydney.. double finger cross Reggie.

No comments: