Thursday, May 05, 2005

My best companion

Dog is well known as the man best friend and companion. However, for me radio is my best companion. I still remember when I was in the college I used to turn on my radio whenever I was in the room, regardless what my activity was. The main reason I turned on the radio was just want to keep my surrounding a bit crowded. Although sometimes I didn't pay much attention with it, I got a lot advantages from it. One of them is got the most up to date news. The habit continues until I graduated and working.

Further, when I was completing my study in Sydney, radio also which kept me awake while I was bored with studying. I forget the name or what channel I used to listen, but one thing I remember that it was a christian channel that set by Hanvy (My ex-flatmate). Although sometimes I didn't listen to it much, it sometimes gave me refreshment with the talks and songs.

And now, as I mentioned before I have to travel quite a long distance from home to office every weekdays i.e about 35 - 40 Kms (It takes 1.5 - 2 hours, depend on the traffic condition). I always go to office early in the morning and go home quite late to avoid the traffic. Therefore, I often get tired when arrive at home. Often I am in hurry in my prayer and quiet time. However, since I started drive to office, I can turn on radio again. There is a channel i.e 96.3 FM Radio Pelita Kasih (RPK). This channel have given me a lot refreshment by its programmes. I can't make any excuse to not having enough time for quiet time because the radio has a quiet time programme. The topics are the same as my daily quiet time guidance. Besides, it also has other sermons, talk show and christian songs programs that give me the best companion, while I am driving from home to office or vice versa. Thank's to RPK for their ministry.

Romans 10:17 "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."

1 comment:

Morris said...

I find playing a tape of a girl moaning from sexual pleasure helps me relax.

Morris
Ask Morris