Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Behaviour infection.

Have been driving for one month. In this short period, I've observed couple of things. First, just realised Jakarta are full of impatient people. Along the road that I travel from home to office everyday I often hear people make a horrible sound from their car's horn. Don't know what do they after, seems like they are in hurry to reach a certain place. Probably people are stress with the bad traffic condition which have influence badly to their emotion. Sometimes I was infected to do the same way. I think I need to calm down and control my passion.

The next thing that I identified is the highway officer. In Jakarta we have to pay if we need to pass through highway. In order to pay, first we need to bypass a booth before go in the highway, there will be an officer that give you a ticket. Then when we are about reach the end of the highway we will encounter another booth where we have to pay. I often see that the face of the officers in the booths look cheerless. Don't know maybe they are bored or maybe they feel they are treated like a machine by the people who passing by. Then once upon a time, I made an experiment to smile and say thank you whenever I passed by the booth. I noticed that these officer smile back promptly. Just feel better when seeing other people smiling.

No comments: