Monday, June 20, 2005

The right time.

The promotion announcement was published just couple days ago. I was included in the list of the promotion. I just want to thanks God for His reward and kindness for me.

I remembered my feeling when the first time I was accepted in this company. Although I didn't express it at that time, I actually felt somewhere between happy and a bit disappointed. On the one hand I was happy because I can have an opportunity to work at a big four company as I dreamed on. On the other hand, I was offered a lower position and salary as I expected. The disappoinment was because I felt my previous proffesional experiences and efforts in pursuing my postgraduate study were not appreciated. In fact, at the same time my previous employer also offered me a job with much higher salary. After contemplate for sometimes, I finally decided to take the offer. Because I think I would have more opportunity to develop my skills in this company rather than in my previous company.

I admit that in the first two or three months I was a bit struggling with the work. It was because the assignment was quite new for me, but thank's God for my helpful collegues so I could adapt the work culture there quickly. And now I can see the essence behind the experiences that I just went through. Essentially if at that time the company offer me a position as expect maybe I wouldn't be able to perform well. I think it was God plan to give me time to learn before I am ready to take bigger responsibility. Then I got promoted when I am ready to take that responsibility. Thanks God.

Prayer

Teach us oh Lord to understand your plan
Maybe now we are disappointed and frustated
Because we don't get what we wanted
Because our plan go far from what we expected
Please give us strength and courage Lord,
So we are able to stand firm in our faith
Until your glory is revealed.

2 comments:

Adi Susanto said...

congrats .. ! :)

Triana's meditated words said...

thank's. :)