Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Where after death?

During the year end holiday, I visited my friend, Yenny, in Singapore. Yenny is the one who lost her fiance in an accident last year. Initially my visit purpose are to refresh/clean up my mind from a messy thought and get away from my routine. My visit was only three days, because I thought it's enough time to explore for a small country like Singapore, moreover I've been there before.

On the first day it was enjoyable, then come to a point that where Both Yenny and I sat at a restaurant having lunch, just she and me. After some conversation, finally she admitted that sometimes she still couldn't let go the incident.. and wonder where does he go to ? heaven or the opposite. She told me that she've already asked some of her friends (catholic believe), all of them answered her with don't know answer. (note: both yenny and her ex are budhist). This question was struck me.. and a bit confuse to answer her. I came to a dillema, what should I say.. If I answered that I don't know either, it means I failed to testify I as a Christian.. but if I answered going to hell, then it makes her sad, and felt Christianity is unfair, because in her perspective her fiance never did anything wrong that deserve him for going to hell. Instead of giving a direct answer, I finally explained her about what is Christian all about ? Why Jesus came to the world and died on the cross.. and People does not judge by deeds but by faith to Jesus Christ.. I don't know whether she understood what I was talking about, and just pray in my heart that she could digest my explanantion. At the end of the conversation, I said, that I am going to ask my pastor in the church for giving a direct answer, which I actually knew the answer. Then before I came back from Singapore, I had a chance to pray with her.. Initially she seemed hesitate to pray with me, because she don't know how to pray. Then I persuaded her that she didn't need a training or course in order to pray..

When I had come back, I consulted with an evangelist in our church, her statement slapped me, said I shouldn't doubt to give an answer for Yenny's question, if that is the truth.. the statement made me think, that I was only given a simple question, but failed to answer it.. how about if I was in a harder situation where I have to choose between my faith or career, partner or even die. This experience had give me a warning that I had to grow stronger not lukewarm in my faith.

Rev 3:16 - "So because you are luke warm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth"

2 comments:

Adi Susanto said...

Wow Tri .. I can feel what you feel nih waktu baca this blog entry .. Susah ya, apalagi kalo berkaitan ama temen kita ... I guess if I was in your situation bakalan bingung juga ...

In my view, you are very considerate to your friend and introducing her to christianity was a good step.. But sometimes kita harus berani bilang about our faith ... tapi harus gentle .. We can say what we believe in, without answering directly ... Such as quote from the bible: Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, the life. No one comes to the father except through me... Kayak gitu lah ... It affirms what we believe and let the person digest the Word herself ...

Of course we are weak as human and God works through all these things .. so .. yah .. keep growing and remain in Him ..

btw, Happy chinese new year!

Triana's meditated words said...

Thank's Di, for the encouragement.
happy chinese new year too.