Monday, May 20, 2024

Help me to save one more..

In my opinion this is the best war film after "Saving Private Ryan" - Hacksaw Ridge is a biographical war drama film directed by Mel Gibson, based on a true story.

The film focuses on the World War II experiences of Desmond Doss, an American Pacifist Combat Medic, who refused to carry or use a weapon or firearm of any kind because of his belief and his vow after an incident which nearly killed his brother. He got a lot of difficullties and torture because of it, and was labelled as a Coward.

During the battle of Okinawa, Doss’ unit was tasked to secure Hacksaw Ridge. Several of Doss' squad mates were left injured on the battle field. Doss heard the cries of dying soldier and returned to save them - each time he prayed "Lord, please help me get one more.. Lord please one more". It turned out he saved 75 injured soldiers in one night.

The prayer has made me believe more with what I do right now is the best career decision, where I can help one more family, one more friend, one more college from financial disaster due to life risks that may occur to anyone anytime.

What is your career story?

No comments: